Want to host a listening party for the new Umphrey’s McGee album Death By Stereo? Yes? Well good, because you have the opportunity to right now. Read on below for all of the details and be sure to stay up to date with everything DBS with our Official Death By Stereo Page. Check out the Umphrey’s McGee Facebook Page for more details as well.
THE ‘DEATH BY STEREO’ LISTENING PARTY CONTEST!
Umphrey’s McGee and ATO Records are looking for enthusiastic fans to organize and host a listening party for our upcoming album “Death By Stereo”.
What is a listening party? An event held at a venue of your choice (local bar, record store, coffee house, your living room, etc) where the new album is played several times over the house stereo system. Eight fans will be picked from different cities (i.e. Chicago, Boston, NYC, Philly, Wash DC, Atlanta, Denver, etc.) to host their own listening party! The party should be held in a public place so that fans and their friends and anyone else who wanders into the venue gets a chance to hear ‘Death By Stereo’ in its entirety prior to its official release on September 13th! If you live in Philly or NYC and have an excellent party plan, there’s a good chance several band members will be able to make an appearance. That is only if you can hold your party on September 12th – the night before album release!
These grassroots events help spread the word about Umphrey’s McGee and the new album while also providing a great time for fans, old and new. If you are chosen to hold the listening party in your city, ATO Records will send you the “listening party kit” which will include a CD and posters to help you promote your event by September 6th. In addition, you will receive a free copy of ‘Death By Stereo’ on vinyl AND free tickets to an Umphrey’s McGee headline show of your choice (some restrictions may apply depending on the show). All listening parties must take place between September 6th and the 13th.
Please read the rules and guidelines on how to submit your proposal for the opportunity to hold your own “Death By Stereo” listening party.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
1. Eight fans will be picked (possibly more depending on how many proposals are submitted) from different cities across the country. The party can be held either at a venue of your choice (preferably a public place such as your local bar, coffee shop, or record store, but your own living room is acceptable as well). The duration of the event should be roughly 2-3 hours.
2. You must email your proposal on why you think you should be the one chosen to host the listening party: DeathByStereoContest@gmail.com The deadline for submissions is August 31st. Each listening party proposal will include details about your party such as the date you plan to hold the event, the venue where it will take place, what other festivities you have in mind, how you plan to promote the event, and how many attendees you think you will have (25-30 attendees minimum are required). Winners will be notified by September 2nd. From there, the winning parties will be promoted via the band’s facebook and twitter pages.
3. Participants must agree to play the record at least as long as the event is taking place. You may integrate some other favorite Umphrey’s McGee material, but the focus will be to get yourself, and your friends stoked on the new songs on ‘Death By Stereo’ If the event is taking place in a public place such as a bar or coffee shop, the owner, bartender or clientele must agree to play ‘Death By Stereo’ and other Umphrey’s McGee material for the duration of the event. Most bartenders or clientele should be excited to accommodate you as you will be bringing in business for them, especially if the party is being held at an otherwise generally slow time for them.
4. The Listening Party Kits will be shipped to all winners with arrival by September 6th. (The band respectfully asks that you not share the album among your friends, especially as you’ll be getting it before it’s released anywhere!)
The package will include:
a) Death By Stereo CD
b) 11X17 full color posters
c) ATO Records will email you fonts and images from album art to create emails, banners, and widgets to help promote your event on your blog or facebook page.
5. ‘Death By Stereo’ must be played on the venue house stereo system and not a little iPod speaker or boombox in the corner of the room. It is important that no other music is played in other parts of the venue during the party.
6. All listening parties need to be documented with proof that the event actually occurred. Digital photos of the listening party are required and video clips if possible. We will upload the photos/videos from the listening parties to the band’s Facebook Page.
7. Winners are responsible for transportation to and from their requested show and are responsible to supply the digital camera for the photos of their party.
Umphrey’s McGee appreciate your support in helping get the word out about ‘Death By Stereo’!!!